August 10, 2009

dipping the toes in

I can't believe how fast the last month has gone. Our mission trip was AMAZING (see my sermon blog for video/pictures). I've had some really good sabbath time. I have been reconnecting with my hubby over our anniversary celebrations (2 years now!). And in the midst of all of that - life at the church has been hectic, unfocused, and I'm trying to just put one foot in front of the other.

I'm aware more than ever that we really need a clear and focused mission here at the church. And I'm also aware more than ever that it has to be something that comes from the congregation - not a vision that I express from the pulpit. Our conference is offering this missional transformation process that I firmly believe our congregation needs to experience, work through, but I can't figure out how to get them to buy in. I can't figure out what conversations need to happen, and with whom, in order for the people of the church to stop just dipping their toes in and to take a leaping jump off of the diving board.

There are four or five people who I know have been feeling this yearning for something more. Maybe that is where we begin. Sitting down over a cup of coffee and talking about what's really important right now and how we make it happen. Please keep us in your prayers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment