January 9, 2009

FF: Pancakes

Fridays are my days off, but I got up at a reasonable time to draft a letter of support from our ministerial alliance for a grant the city is trying to recieve. Somehow I became president of our ministerial alliance, even though I'm the youngest one and I've only been here for a year. Or rather, because I'm the youngest and I've only been here a year. The new kid on the block gets all of the responsibility, because no one else wants it =)

For a little fun, here is the RevGals Friday Five: It's time for something light and fluffy (literally). Pull up a chair to the kitchen table and tell us all about your pancake preferences.



1. Scratch or mix? Buttermilk or plain?
I almost always use pancake mix. It's just easier to add water to a complete mix and be done. And they taste just fine. We normally buy buttermilk.

2. Pure and simple, or with additions cooked in?
I love plain and simple pancakes. Just some butter and some maple syrup. That's all you really need. If I'm going to add something, usually it's blueberries or chocolate chips, but it is very rare that we do so.

3. For breakfast or for dinner?
Both! We have breakfast for dinner quite often. And don't forget about brunch!

4. Preferred syrup or other topping? How about the best side dish?
Again, I like to keep them simple. Butter and Maple Syrup. On the side, nothing is better than chewy bacon.

5. Favorite pancake restaurant?
Of course, there is the Pancake Pantry in Nashville... they have Sweet Potato Pancakes that are to DIE for.
Back here in Iowa, our local cafe has pretty decent pancakes - they are my Wednesday morning ritual.

Bonus: Any tasty recipes out there, for pancakes or other special breakfast dishes? Bring 'em on!
I have a friend in college who always added a table spoon of sugar and a dash of lime juice to her pancakes. They made them pretty tasty!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet potato pancakes sound yummy--as does the sugar and lime juice idea.

    ReplyDelete