March 5, 2009

O.M.G.

So, I just got linked to an article about the new Bi-Lingual worship service that I am helping to build in our area of the state. See Article Here.

I am ASTOUNDED at all of the negative comments. Just a few months ago, I was so excited about the progress made in Nashville and their efforts to deny an "English Only" amendment in the city. And I'm not saying that Iowa is the most progressive place in the world. But I just wasn't quite expecting the immediate bitter comments.

Please pray for our team as we navigate the landscape around us and continue our efforts to help people pray and worship God in their native tongues and as all of us learn to praise God in the many languages and in the diversity of creation which we were made.

1 comment:

  1. Those negative comments are sad, but not surprising. It's important to remember they represent a small, vocal, and not very intelligent minority, kind of like people who call into talk radio shows (or host them, for that matter).

    Keep the faith and keep up the good work. Many people will be blessed by it, even if the knuckle-draggers don't agree.

    ReplyDelete