March 10, 2009

butterflies

tomorrow is the big day. I'll be getting up at 4:30 to shower and then head to the hospital for my surgery. and while I am very ready for this to happen, I also started to get butterflies in my tummy today.

want to know something silly about me? My stomach is very sensitive when I am nervous. As a little girl, I always was sick to my stomach when I spent the night at a friends house. The first night of any camping trip that my family took, I had to be by the flap of the tent for when (not if) I inevitably had to rush outside and harf. Thunderstorms would get me too.

For the most part, I've grown out of that feeling. I'm not all topsy turvy when I spend the night in a new place like I used to be. And I am a HUGE fan of thunderstorms. Camping isn't so bad either. But when I got up this morning, just thinking about all of the things I had to do today to make sure the church was in good hands and that I had passed off every one of the details for the coming two weeks, my head got a little light and my tummy got queasy.

At this point, it's all out of my hands. I completely trust my surgical team. I know the presence of God will be with me - however all of this goes. I know my husband is going to be around and be supportive. I know all of these things in my head and my heart - but my tummy just hasn't caught up with the rest of me! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment