January 2, 2009

FF: Looking Back, Looking Forward

As we look back we may come to understand how God has worked in and through us in joy and saddness. how we have grown against what may seem impossible odds. As we look forward we may do so with expectation, and we may do so with fear and trembling. As we look back and forward in New Years liminality I offer you this simple yet I hope profound Friday Fivein two parts:

First list five things that you remember/treasure from 2008
  1. My very first church
  2. Adding Turbo and Tiki to our family
  3. Worshipping with my new congregation - especially Maundy Thursday and Christmas Eve
  4. Wednesday Night dinners with the family
  5. Learning how to disc golf with some great friends
Then list five things that you are looking forward to in 2009
  1. Becoming healthier (exercising in particular)
  2. Learning to play the guitar
  3. More time spent with my immediate family
  4. Finding my rhythm as a pastor... less trial and error, more consistency
  5. Building stronger ties with other young adult pastors.

No comments:

Post a Comment