July 4, 2008

FF: Independence Day


1. Barbeque's or picnics ( or are they essentially the same thing?)

Definately NOT the same thing. BBQ's involve a grill, and a backyard, or a park, but definately involve fire and yummy grilled things. A picnic to me is more cold items, packed in a basket that you take with you to some place wonderful. Or your backyard, or wherever. When I think picnic, I always think blankets and baskets.

2. The park/ the lake/ the beach or staying at home simply being?
Well, we celebrate in my new town on the 3rd! So we had a day full of activites and for the fourth, we had lots of time off to disc golf all day at local parks. Then that evening, we went home and watched movies, b/c we had already done the fireworks thing.

3. Fireworks- love 'em or hate 'em?
I love fireworks. And I think I love them even more after working with some of the people that shoot them off. I worked for a city's yearly shindig and got to talk a lot about fireworks (they had three different fireworks events and were at the time talking about a yearly fireworks competition). And then, working at a county fair a few summers later I got to hang out with the fireworks guys again. I especially love the fireworks that are choreographed to music!!!

4. Parades- have you ever taken part- share a memory...
Oh my goodness. Lots of parades. When I was young, I rode on the local county Cattlemen's float with my grandma. And then, in high school I was first the Czech Princess, and then the Czech Queen. LOTS of parades with that - in fully costume, which was kind of hot! Not so many parades recently, but I was definately seen in kroj on the back of a few sports cars in my day =)

5. Time for a musical interlude- if you could sum up holidays in a piece of music what would it be?

imagine this video:


being done during the playing of this song:

No comments:

Post a Comment