January 5, 2010

Nothing witty or profound


Lots of people are doing out with the old, in with the new posts.  top ten lists. best of's.

I have been so busy that I don't have the time or energy to really think about something that witty or profound.

But one person did have this question posted on twitter on New Years Eve:  what were you doing 10 years ago?

And it made me smile.  Because 10 years ago, I was partying like it was 1999 - and it was =)  10 years ago, I was hanging out with friends at a high school party.  I was a senior and I had recently had my very first date with a classmate named Brandon.  It was the winter Millenium Dance.  And I asked him to go with me (so progressive!).  So two weeks later, as I was hanging out on New Years Eve at this friends place, all I was wondering all night long was whether or not HE was going to show up.  I knew he had other plans, but I still wondered.  I think I even got to talk to him that night - a friend of mine called a friend of his he was with.  It was a time of giddy excitement and the beginning of a relationship and it was all quite fun.

10 years later - I got to kiss that same man after the decade turned at midnight.  10 years later, we are married, and happy (lol - most of the time!) and I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment