May 21, 2009

An Interview with RevGals

These questions were posted this week as a part of the Monday Meet-N-Greet. I know - I'm late. Oh well!

1. Where do you blog? Here! and at http://www.kenoticwords.blogspot.com/

2. What are your favorite non-revgal blog pal blogs? United Methodeviations, Bread & Honey

3. What gives you joy? Being on a porch with good friends and family talking about life. Baptizing a child. Singing a favorite hymn. Sleeping next to my husband.

4. What is your favorite sound? My cats purring.

5. What do you hope to hear once you enter the pearly gates? This is a really hard question. In part because I don't know that the pearly gates is that great of a metaphor for what awaits us. For me, this question is about what would I want to be able to hear that I can't already hear/know here on earth... I can already hear God saying that I am loved... so I guess I would want to be able to hear all of the intangible things that we can't understand about one another. I would like to be able to hear a smile.

6. You have up to 15 words, what would you put on your tombstone? She lived her whole life with her whole self and loved everyone she met.

7. Write the first sentence of your own great American novel. Today I planted the very first seed...

8. What color do you prefer your pen? Black

9. What magazines do you subscribe too? None at the moment. But I sometimes buy "Everday Food" and used to get "Utne Reader"

10. What is something you want to achieve in this decade? I want to have a child in this decade (if we are thinking 2000-2010)... and the time is quickly slipping away.

11. Why are you cool? Because I like to wear heels with my jeans, I listen to space rock (Incubus), watch the Daily Show, study the perichoretic nature of God, and because I'm probably the youngest pastor in a 50 mile radius (if not wider) of where I live.

12. What is one of your favorite memories? having my husband wipe away the tears of joy from my eyes with my grandma's handkerchief during our wedding ceremony.

13. Anything else you've always wanted to be asked? What is a metaphor/image for your ministry? Despite being an itinerant United Methodist pastor... my deepest metaphor for ministry is that of a gardener or farmer - putting deep roots into the ground and tending the spot that you are given - taking care of the land and the soil and freely giving the fruits of the labor away to those who need them the most.

1 comment:

  1. Hey - thanks for the time, for the "interview"....for sharing!

    ReplyDelete