Although written by a young man, this song from "Rent" became an anthem for women of a certain age ready to be taken on their own terms. Maureen and Joanne love each other, but they are *very* different.
Whether it's new friends or new loves or new employers, what are five things people should know about you?
This Friday Five is really challenging for me, because I realize how many people I'm not completely honest with about. I don't have enough confidence in myself, enough trust in other people to believe that they really will take me for what I am and still accept me.
So, what would I want to say to all of those people, family, friends, church members, who only see the "neutral" me?
1) My husband isn't a Christian, and for the most part, I'm really okay with that.
2) I consider myself a liberal. In all facets of my life. Politically, economically, socially, theologically. This has been the hardest one b/c my family is pretty conservative, and so is the majority of my church. What I need to find the balance of is how to be me without imposing my views.
3) I am a huge procrastinator.
4) I like for things to be clean and organized, but I don't always put things away... not until I need to work on something and then I get the urge to clean. or when I'm stressed. I clean then too.
5) I take things personally. I try not to, but when you comment about something around me or something that I am a part of, or something that is in my sphere of influence, I take it personally.