As I have been thinking about this a lot lately, I talked with my cell group Monday about what kind of job description this would entail. And I realized from talking to one of them that I am really looking for someone tech oriented. Her parish secretary uses a computer like its a typewriter - and I need someone who can help me utilize technology to help us do the work of the church.
Here is the start of my wish list:
1) send out weekly postcard reminders for upcoming meetings
2) format and print the bulletins weekly (volunteers can still help fold and stuff)
3) collect newsletter articles, format, and print monthly newsletter
4) update our website with relevant information and stories
5) order supplies/books, keep resource room/office stocked and organized
6) maintain electronically (computer and web) as well as on paper (large wall calendar) a master calendar of church activities.
7) be contact for scheduling of weddings/meetings at the church.
8) NOT be a church member
What would you add to this list? How many hours a week would be reasonable for these tasks?