November 10, 2008

time to get back in the swing of things.

i've been a bit absent from the blogging recently.

but like everything in life, there are ups and downs and highs and lows and maybe i'm on the upswing.

I am very excited and inspired by how this latest political election has turned out. Not just that my favored candidate won. (although, I do break out into a smile whenever I think about how amazing of a thing we did on Tuesday and whenever I think about that beautiful family moving into the White House)

I'm inspired by the fact that Obama's speech was a sober speech. That he understood the weight of the moment and that we are all going to have to work together (those who supported him and those that didn't) and sacrifice a little bit more (time, service, energy, money) to get to that place we are all dreaming of getting - of being a better nation.

I'm inspired by the fact that he talked about "we" instead of "I."

I'm inspired by fact most of all though that all of this is nothing and absolutely meaningless because we have someone else that we follow.

This morning, the refrain for the morning office was: “Because the needy are oppressed, and the poor cry out in misery,* I will rise up,” says the LORD, “And give them the help they long for.”

This Sunday, I preached on Genesis 28:10-22 - "I am God, the God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac. I'm giving the ground on which you are sleeping to you and to your descendants... Yes. I'll stay with you, I'll protect you wherever you go, and I'll bring you back to this very ground. I'll stick with you until I've done everything I promised you."

Until everything that God has promised comes to pass, God will be with us. the Lord will not forsake us. God will not let us go. No matter how much we either screw things up or get things right, God will give us the help that we long for.

No comments:

Post a Comment