August 22, 2008

Friday Five

Here are five things to ponder about dates.

1) Datebooks--how do you keep track of your appointments? Electronically? On paper? Month at a glance? Week at a glance?

oh goodness. I am terrible about this. I used to do it through outlook on my computer - but then never had it with me. Then I bought one of those fancy franklin covey planners and it is beautiful, but I don't really use it like I should and it's too big to stick in my purse on the go. Right now, I'm using the scheduler in my cell phone. Which at least lets me know when i have something coming up due to the great alarm feature.

2) When was the last time you forgot an important date?
I kind of missed out on my dad's 50th birthday and my parent's 25th anniversary. The last few years have been crazy and I wasn't home that summer and so while I as the eldest daughter should have thrown a HUGE party for both occasions - I totally missed out. I don't think I even realized it was my dad's 50th until months later. Bad Katie, Bad.

3) When was the last time you went OUT on a date?
I actually went on a strange sort of triple date a few weeks ago, except, one of the other girls couldn't end up making it because they had to move. As far as just me and my hubby... It would be sometime in Nashville... I can't even remember. We have done things like going out with friends to dinner and then a thing (a movie, or to see the Whirling Dervishes!), but I honestly can't remember the last time just the two of us went out. That's kind of sad!

4) Name one accessory or item of clothing you love even though it is dated.
I have a bunch of my grandmother's scarves. Silky ones that would be tied around the neck under a blouse, but is totally out of style. I wore some of them in my hair in a more hippy dippy faze of mine, but now they are just in the closet. My favorite is white with orange images and writing - all spices and herbs!

5) Dates--the fruit--can't live with 'em? Or can't live without 'em?
I actually really like dates. At our Maundy Thursday service I recreated a sort of last supper with types of food that might have been around at the time. So we had dates and figs, unleavened bread, olives, etc. And then when we took communion, we did sort of a love feast with it and everyone passed around the food and it was a really moving experience for a lot of people. We moved from that to hand washing (which i thought would be a bit less scary than foot washing since they hadn't done it.)

5 comments:

  1. Cutest. Cat. Ever.

    And fun Five!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, inherited scarves. So great...you will find a use for them!
    Fun play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute kitty! And I liked your Maundy Thursday idea (although judging from the number of RGBPs who said "Yuk" to dates, maybe not everyone would.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Cute Kitty! And I do like the dates and liturgy idea as well. Oh and the scarves....lovelovelove scarves old and new. We have decided around here that "women of a certain age" can get away with stuff like wearing scarves and shawls and look chic so we just ARE!

    ReplyDelete