June 20, 2011

conference yarn work

I have become a HUGE fan of keeping my fingers occupied at conferences and continuing ed events by knitting and crocheting.  I'm not really great at it... I still have a LOT to learn... but I thought I would share some of what I have been working on recently!

This scarf/shawl was made for my friend Allison in honor of her ordination.  I made another one just like it in reds and oranges and purples for my friend Stasia, for the same purpose (but I never took pictures of it).  Allison isn't quite so bold, and so the muted colors worked much better for her. 

The pattern is a simple treble crochet, 18 across, with changing textures and yarns.

There is another finished project on my shelf, but the details on that one are still secret so no pictures yet!  I'm hoping in the next week or so to gift it so then I'll be able to say more about it. =)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment